Week 3 Recordings and Assignment -
Hello folks! It was a fun session last week going through synthesis and sampling in Ableton Live.
I recommend checking out the learning synths website for further reading. If you have any questions while going through this, shoot away!
Assignment Details :
Create music containing at least 1 musical section with minimum 4 tracks in a way that meets the following conditions:
- No using any preset sounds.
- Use either wavetable or simpler to make your tracks, with at least 1 track using simpler. (for drums you may have to use simpler enclosed in drum racks as discussed)
- Show one creative use of the filter section. (either low pass or high pass shapes)
- Show one creative use of glide function (can work well for bass or melody)
- Show 1 creative use of ADSR envelope and LFO section each (can try with volume, pan, filter frequency, etc)
- Show atleast 2 creative uses of automation on your tracks.
- Show 1 creative application of Unison or Spread effect.
- Demo 1 creative use of any of the warp modes additionally in an audio track.
- You can do this assignment in either session view or arrangement view (remember - to extract the audio file you'll have to move to arrangement view ultimately)
2. Feel free to use whatever samples you want with simpler for this project. I've shared few samples I've used during class along with the class recordings in case if you'd like to use the same.
3. Share your project files once you are done for feedback and feel free to reply if you have any questions!
Look forward to see what you guys come up with!